The rotations are Core Training; themed in either Surgery-In-General or Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgery.
Surgery-In-General rotations essentially consist of 1 of 3 versions:
- 2 years of General Surgery specialties (Colorectal, Upper GI, Hepatobiliary Surgery, Breast, etc.).
- A minimum of 12 months General Surgery with an additional 6-12 months of sub specialties (Urology, Paediatric Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Trauma and Orthopaedics, Vascular Surgery, Endocrine and Transplantation).
- Subthemed--12 months of the following specialties (Cardiothoracic Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Paediatric Surgery, Urology), plus 12 months General Surgery.
Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgery rotations will be 2 years and consist of 18 months Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgery with 6 months of either General Surgery, Vascular Surgery or Plastic Surgery usually rotating within one or two of the hospitals listed below:
- Bristol Royal Infirmary
- Bristol Royal Hospital for Children
- North Bristol NHS Trust (Southmead Hospital)
- Cheltenham General Hospital
- Gloucestershire Royal Hospital
- Musgrove Park Hospital, Taunton
- Royal United Hospital Bath
- Great Western Hospital, Swindon
Please read the sub pages within the Core Training section as there is lots of information on the exciting developments regarding the Core Training Programme. As attendance to this training will be compulsory for Core Trainee's to pass their ARCP the Severn School of Surgery cannot over emphasise the importance of checking these pages regularly.