When you begin your training with the Postgraduate School of Surgery from time to time you will want to attend training courses run by the Deaneries, the Royal Colleges and Specialty Associations. The sections below will link you through to websites that offer various courses that may be of interest.
The courses offered by the Severn Deanery are for all trainees. Many of which are at no charge or very little cost and represent good value. These can be found on Severn Deanery Events or School of Surgery Events
College and Specialty Association Courses College Courses
The following section lists the website which offer clinical skills course with specific relevance to surgical trainees.
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Royal college Of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Royal College of Surgeons of Ireland
Specialty Association Courses
- Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland (General Surgery): ASGBI
- Bristol Urological Institue: BUI
- British Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons: BAOM
- British Association of Otorhinolaryngologists: ENT
- British Association of Paediatric Surgeons: BAPS
- British Association of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons: BAPRAS
- British Association of Urolological Surgeons: BAUS
- British Orthopaedic Association: BOA
- British Thoracic Society: BTS
- The Society of British Neurological Surgeons: SBNS
- European Association of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery: EACTS
- European Association of Plastic Surgeons: EAPS
- European Society for Vascular Surgery: ESVS
- European Society of Cardiology: ESC
- European Surgical Institue: ESI
The Severn School of Surgery can take no responsibility for the content of the websites we have provided links for, nor can it guarantee the information on them will be up to date or truthful. Any statements or opinions reflected on these linked websites do not represent the opinions of the Severn School of Surgery.