Keele Clinical Management and Leadership Courses
Category: Training - School of Surgery
Date: November 3rd 2014 until November 5th 2014
Location: Keele University School of Medicine Clinical Education Centre, Univerysity of North Staffordshire NHS Trust, Stoke on Trent ST4 6QG
- Specialty-based and satisfy the curriculum requirements for acquiring management and leadership skills to complete training - 18 CPD Credits.
- Prepare participants for the transition from training to independent specialist practice at consultant level, introducting them to contemporary concepts of leadership and management, as well as offering insights into the consultant appointment process.
- The sessions are themed and linked to the new Healthcare Leadership Model.
- The programme design includes interactive presentations from policy experts, personal development consultants and other senior people experienced in the particular specialty.
Specialty trainees in their penultimate or final years of training
SAS doctors wishing to prepare for a consultant position
Specialty Trainee courses focus on:
- examining what leading and managing mean in the context of the Consultant role
- creating a sound understanding of how the NHS operates and is financed
- helping course members to prepare for successful interviews and their early years as a Consultant
- enabling participants to develop skills in service improvement
- enhancing personal effectiveness through a menu of leadership and management skills and techniques
Learning outcomes will be:
- a working knowledge of NHS structure, policy and finance to support the early years as a Consultant
- greater proficiency in the key leadership and management skills required for effective practice, including a focus on service improvement
- confidence to apply successfully for a Consultant post
For further information contact: Alison or Clare on 01782 679 571 or email: email@example.com