Laparoscopic Oesophagogastric Cancer Cadaveric Course
Category: Training - School of Surgery
Date: June 16th 2014 until June 17th 2014
Location: Newcastle Surgical Training Centre, Freeman Hospital, High Heaton, Newcastle upon Tyne NE7 7DN
An intensive two day course with an expert international faculty. A series of didactic lectures and edited videos provides step-by-step tuition for the use of minimally invasive techniques in the resection of upper gastrointestinal cancers. Followed by intensive ‘hands on’ surgical dissection using fresh frozen cadavers Includes: laparoscopic gastric mobilisation, thoracoscopic oesophagectomy, open cervical exploration and anastomosis, the use of hand ports and laparoscopic subtotal gastrectomy.
This course is suitable for established consultants and senior trainees aiming to develop advanced laparoscopic techniques in Upper GI.
- Mr Arul Immanuel, Consultant Surgeon-Royal Victoria Infirmary
- Prof Michael Griffin, Consultant Surgeon-Royal Victoria Infirmary
- Mr Shaun Preston, Consultant Surgeon-Royal Surrey County Hospital
- Mr Graeme Couper, Consultant Surgeon-Edinburgh Royal Infirmary
- Mr Kamil Wynne, Consultant Surgeon-Royal Victoria Infirmary
- Mr Brian Aspin, Course Facilitator-Royal Victoria Infirmary
Delegate fee is £950.