To ensure the effectiveness of the ARCP process it is essential that the following documentation is available on ISCP. It is a trainee’s responsibility to ensure that the documentary evidence is uploaded to the portfolio by the published submission date (normally two weeks before the Panel ARCP date). Any omission or problems with any of your evidence must be notified in writing to your Training Programme Director two weeks before the ARCP date.
Please refer to ISCP for guidance on the new curriculum requirements for Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgery (August 2021). Failure to complete the curriculum requirements or submit the required documentation could result in an unsatisfactory outcome. Trainees should note that any assessments completed after the 2 week prior submission date may not be considered by the panel.
- ISCP portfolio is current and up to date for your current stage of training. Please see curriculum and global objectives for further details.
- Enhanced Form R (Part A and B)
- Wider Scope of Practice
- Summary of your operative log book (Please provide a sheet for each of the 6 month posts that you have undertaken since your last ARCP and a sheet for your complete experience to date)
- Logbook consolidation (for experience to date & each 6 month post since last ARCP)
- Training reports must be completed, by your Assigned Educational Supervisor and by ALL your Clinical Supervisors, on ISCP. You should advise your Clinical Supervisors to specifically comment on the following domains with regard to your training;
- Clinical Skills
- Operative Skills
- Professional Behaviour and Leadership Skills
- Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgery Curriculum (ISCP)
ST4 Waypoint Checklist (to be completed by ST3s & ST4s)
ST6 Waypoint Checklist (to be completed by ST5s & ST6s)
Penultimate Waypoint Checklist (to be completed by ST7s & ST8s)
- For those trainees out of Programme an OOP Supervisor Report
By this date trainees must also complete
- Form R (Part A and B)
- Wider Scope of Practice Form (if applicable)
- Trainees on OOP must submit an OOP Supervisors Report
All forms must be dated within 4 weeks of the date of the ARCP. Forms outside of these dates will not be accepted.
All forms can be found on the Revalidation Pages
Please email all documents to SEVSurgeryschool.firstname.lastname@example.org, Two weeks prior to the ARCP Panel sitting date.
You can if you wish also upload the Form R to your ISCP account, how to do this is given below:
Add > OTHER EVIDENCE > Miscellaneous. If you need more space, then you will need to request this by emailing the ISCP helpdesk directly.
ARCP Panels will be meeting to review evidence for trainees based in the following Trusts on the following datese:
Monday 4th July 2022 for trainees based in BRI, NBT, Taunton or Swindon
Friday 8th July 2022 for trainees based in Bristol Childrens, Weston, Cheltenham & Gloucester, Yeovil or Bath.